Carrot and Raisin Sandwich


Carrots - my favourite vegetable and a staple in my refrigerator. One meal a day, I have to mix carrots in any of the dishes that I make. I was so happy to see the ingredients of Magic Mingle #4. Given Carrots in combination with Raisins, my first choice was to make pancakes. It did not turn out well as I made a gross mistake! I was happy to find this recipe; I love Carrot Cake.
I got this 'Multigrain Bread' and it turned out that the bread waas topped with multi-grains! Anyway, my son enjoyed Carrot Cake Sandwich as part of his dinner today. The other part of the dinner was this lovely Dosa.

 Carrot (Cake) Sandwich


Ingredients:
Carrots – ½ cup grated fine (packed lightly)
Maple Syrup - 2 tsp, divided
Cream Cheese - 2 Tbsp
Cinnamon Powder - ¼ tsp  
Dry Ginger Pd - 1/8 tsp  
Nutmeg - 1/8 tsp  
Bread - 4 small slices
Raisins - 3 Tbsp
Walnuts - 2 Tbsp, chopped and toasted (Optional) 

Instruction:
Mix cream cheese and 1 tsp maple syrup in a small bowl until well combined. Keep aside.
In a separate bowl combine shredded carrots, balance 1 tsp maple syrup, dry ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well.
Spread one slice of bread with the maple cream cheese. Top with the toasted walnuts and raisins. Spoon on the carrots and cover with the remaining bread slice.
Press down lightly.

Serving this @ Kalyani's Monthly Mingle # 4
Also sending this to Pari's event 'Only Snacks and Starters' hosted @ Raji's 

Comments

Jaleela said…
nice one kids delight
PriyaVaasu said…
Very innovative recipe!!! Love that cheese oozing out sandwich!!!!

Popular Posts